People have been baffled by my idea of combining beer and knitting into a book. Well, it’s time to take them to the next level of baffle-dom. I’ve decided to teach Beer & Knitting Classes.They will take place at Yarns…at the Adobe on the 2nd Saturday of each month from 2-5pm beginning in November. Here’s the lineup:
- Nov 8th… American Wheat Beers & Dishcloths
- Dec 13th… Christmas Beers & Knitted Ornaments
- Jan 10th… Finishing (finishing touches on your beer and your knitting)
- Feb 14th… Fruit Beers & Knitted Hearts
- Mar 14th… Stout & Mitered Square Afghan
- Apr 11th… North Coast Brewing Co & Pattern Design
We’ll discuss the beers and start tasting at the start of the class, and then get our knitting going while we finish our beer discussion. I plan to focus primarily on three different beers at each class. The knitting side will be fun projects and/or a couple of key techniques.
The other advantage of the classes is that the research I do for each class will help my book progress a bit faster. These should be fun and are already generating some enthusiasm.